8.1 Opening an Account:
In accordance with the French Act of 6 January 1978 on computing, and liberties (data protection laws), Maison de la Danse (the data controller) shall carry out, and the User consents explicitly to, the automated processing of the User's personal data (first name, surname, email, username, password, password confirmation) collected via the Website.
This collection makes it possible for Users to create an account in order to enjoy the features reserved for Member Users. It is mandatory to enter this information. If Users refuse to enter the information, they will not be able to enjoy the features reserved for Member Users.
Maison de la Danse has submitted a prior declaration to the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL, the French data protection authority) concerning this processing.
When Users are aged under sixteen (16), the holder(s) of parental responsibility give(s) their explicit consent to the processing of the minor User's personal data.
This information is intended solely for Maison de la Danse. The only people who may access it are those people acting on its authority and instructions, including subcontractors (notably hosts) in the course of their work. Any subcontractor who in this context becomes aware of this personal data shall be bound by a confidentiality agreement. They must in particular refrain from using all or part of this personal data on their own behalf or from communicating it to third parties.
None of the personal data collected via the Website is communicated or sold to third parties for commercial purposes.
Maison de la Danse reserves the right to disclose the personal data provided, either in the context of its compliance with a legal obligation, or pursuant to a judicial or administrative decision, or the decision of an independent administrative authority (such as the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés - CNIL, the French data protection authority).
Users have the right to access, correct, delete, limit and object to the use of their personal data saved when creating their Account.
Users also have the right to withdraw their consent to processing operations based solely on their consent.
In addition, Users have the right to inform the data controller of their instructions regarding the fate of their data after their death.
Lastly, Users have the option to request that their data be exported to a third party when they have consented to the collection of this data or when this data was collected for the performance of a contract.
Users have the option to file a complaint with the data protection authority.
This data is kept only for a period strictly limited to the purpose of the processing operation and for a maximum of five (5) years with effect from the User's last visit to his or her Account or the closure thereof.
The Cookies issued make it possible to:
Strictly necessary cookies:
- Adapt the presentation of the Website to the display preferences of the User's device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) when he or she visits;
- Ensure that Users log into the appropriate service on the Website when the way it functions is modified.
- Connect a User's actions only for the duration of the current session. The “session” begins when the website opens and ends when it closes. The cookie is then definitively deleted.
Strictly necessary cookies and session cookies are not used to collect information that can be used for marketing purposes, i.e. to send Users advertising about products or services, or to store their preferences or usernames after their current visit ends.
- Count the number of visitors to the Website and produce statistics and volumes regarding the visits to and use of the various component elements of the Website (sections and items of content visited, journeys), thereby making it possible to make services more interesting, ergonomic and functional.
- Track browsing journeys when Users share content via the Website to social media. These cookies are only saved if Users give their agreement;
- Recognise Users’ devices when they subsequently use another site or service on which these third parties also issue cookies and, if applicable, adapt these third-party sites and services to the browser settings of a device with which they may be familiar.
- Memorise Users’ choices and preferences;
- Memorise Users’ video searches to offer them relevant content relating to their previous searches;
- Enable Users to access restricted and personal areas of the Website, such as their Account, using usernames or data they may previously have supplied;
- Implement security measures, such as when Users are asked to login again to an item of content or a service after a period of time.
Users may at any time refuse to allow cookies to be saved. If they do so, they will no longer be able to use a number of features, notably those that require a login. If applicable, the Website cannot accept any responsibility for the consequences should its services perform poorly because it is impossible to save or consult the cookies needed for them to function, and which Users may have declined or deleted.